Let’s face it we can’t sacrifice all our favorite foods in order to change our diet. Cooking is always the best way to get your favorites and stick to your diet. Thats what I love about these Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Almond Flour Waffles.
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil optional
Toppings of your choice!
- Heat a waffle iron to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Separate the eggs into two additional mixing bowls. To the bowl with the yolks, add the almondmilk, syrup and oil if using, and beat together until smooth. For the whites, beat on high with an electric mixer until they can hold stiff peaks.
- Add the yolk-milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the whites and gently fold until the batter is just combined again. Careful not to over mix as you don’t want to deflate the egg whites.
- Grease the waffle iron and drop 1/4 cup of batter into the center. Cook according to your waffle maker’s instructions until golden brown and lightly crispy; typically about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer waffle to a wire rack and repeat with remaining batter.
- When ready to serve, top with desired toppings (I used raspberries and maple syrup here) and enjoy!
Big thanks to Simply Quinoa for the original recipe!