Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Who doesn’t love a good Waffle? Especially a Pumpkin Spice one. This recipe will start your Fall mornings off with the Pumpkin Spice smell that will make your family wake up to a homey reminder to wear a coat when they go outside (don’t catch a cold). This recipe is for the waffle only. Top with your favorite syrup to complete the dish.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice Extract*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- *If you can not find Pumpkin Pie Spice Extract:
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat waffle iron according to directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil (in liquid form), both kinds of sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and milk together until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice extract and vanilla extract and stir.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, just until combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until they are white and fluffy with soft peaks.
- Carefully and gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Scoop about 3/4 cup of batter onto the waffle iron and cook (batter will be thick).
- Top with butter, syrup, whipped cream, and/or cinnamon if desired.
Big thanks to Loving Little Kitchen for the original recipe!