I don’t know about you, but I will take a burrito any way that I can get it. This recipe is designed for meal prep, thus there isn’t a carb loaded tortilla involved, but it is a great quick recipe that makes 5 meals in 20 minutes. So regardless if you are trying to loose weight or are a busy mom, this recipe can pound out a serious amount of food in a small amount of time… oh yeah, and its healthy too! 14g of protein in one serving.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 heads of romaine chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa divided
- 3 avocados halved (need 5 halves)
- Lime slivers (optional)
- Prepare the quinoa salad by combining the quinoa, beans, corn, cilantro, spices and lime juice in a large bowl. Stir together until combined.
- Using 5 glass containers, add two cups of romaine, 1 1/2 cups of quinoa mixture, 1 – 2 tablespoons of salsa and 1/2 an avocado.*
- Garnish with lime wedges and a sprinkle more cilantro if desired. Seal containers and place in fridge for up to 5 days.
Big thanks to Alyssa @ SimplyQuinoa for the original recipe!