Bloody Chocolate Cups
Yummmmm! A take on the classic Reeses Peanut Butter cups, these DIY chocolate cups have a deliciously gooey bloody-drippy center instead of peanut butter. Count Chocula gives these 5 stars! Don’t worry about sharing with your party guests, they are vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup or maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 cup + 3/4 cup (150g + 100g) vegan baking chocolate (or chocolate chips)
Video courtesy of Elephantastic Vegan.
- Heat the frozen raspberries in a small pot on medium-high heat until soft, mash the raspberries until there are no large chunks anymore & add the rice syrup. Give it a mix and set aside to cool.
- In a double boiler, melt 1 cup of the chocolate. Meanwhile place 8 muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- Place about 1 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate in the muffin liners and tilt them, so the chocolate spreads to the sides. Repeat for all the muffin liners and place it into the fridge for a few minutes (until the chocolate hardens).
- Melt 3/4 cup of vegan chocolate in the double boiler. Meanwhile add about a teaspoon of the raspberry filling into the chocolate coated muffin liners (place it in the middle). Once the chocolate has melted, pour it over the raspberry filling. Tilt it a bit so the top is covered with the chocolate completely. Let it harden in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is hard, carefully remove the cupcake liners and enjoy.
Big thanks to Elephantastic Vegan for the original recipe!