Crockpot Dog Food Recipe
Another fantastic reason to use your crockpot. This dog food recipe will delight your dog and provide her with a well balanced meal. Homemade dog foods are great for dogs with food allergies and/or specific dietary needs. You are what you eat and that applies to your poochie too!
- 3 lbs lean ground chicken
- 1 cup butternut squash I use frozen, precut
- 15 oz can kidney beans drained
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup carrots sliced or diced
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 4 cups of water
- Add egg shells for extra calcium
- Add chicken liver for extra iron
- Mix all ingredients in the crockpot
- Set it to cook for 4 hours
- Take a bow (wow)
Big thanks to A Forks Tale for the original recipe!