DIY Vitamin C Citrus Toner
The best way to make sure your beauty products are cruelty-free is to make them yourself. As a Florida native, I cannot get enough of citrus. With just a few ingredients, this aromatic spritz will revive your skin on a hot summer day. Store it in the refrigerator for preservation and a cool spritz on a hot day. Vitamin C protects your skin from the effects of aging. Essential for collagen production and maintenance, Vitamin C is also a potent antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals in the skin.
- Peel of 1 organic orange or lemon
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- Heat Safe Jar + Lid
- 1 cup boiling water
- Spray Bottle
- For this toner you’ll want to be sure to use organic fruit since we will be working with the peel of the citrus fruit where pesticides settle.
- Take a clean lemon or orange and remove the peel in small pieces.
- Add the peels to a heat safe jar and pour in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Cover with the lid and let steep overnight.
- Strain liquid into spray bottle and add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel.
Big thanks to HelloGlo for the original recipe!