Your pooch deserves lots and lots of treats for being such a good dog! These sweet potato pumpkin treats will be his/her new favorite and won’t add too many calories to their diet.
- 1½ cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together brown rice flour and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mash sweet potato.
- Add pumpkin, water, egg, and maple syrup to sweet potato and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together with a spoon until you’re left with a thick batter.
- With your fingers, pinch off a small amount of the mixture (approx. 3/4 teaspoon) and roll into little balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet, spacing them about an inch apart.
- After treats are placed on the baking sheet, take a fork and flatten the little balls to around a ¼” thick.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes.
- Flip them over and continue baking another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.