Gluten-Free baking at its finest, these cookies are fantastic, fluffy, and delicious enough to fool even the biggest skeptic. One of the great joys of quality gluten-free baking is the knowledge that although you may be treating yourself, you aren’t going to pay for it later. Enjoy these with a glass of milk (or milk alternative) at the end of a long day.
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 CupsPowdered Sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Set aside two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the powdered sugar with the cocoa powder and salt.
- Whisk in vanilla and 2 egg whites.
- Beat just until the batter is moistened. You are looking for a brownie-like consistency in the batter. Add additional egg whites until you reach that consistency; I used all 4.
- Stir in dairy free chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave plenty of space for each cookie to spread.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Big thanks to A Few Shortcuts for the original recipe!