GF Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
What is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake? The icing? So feel free to eat these for breakfast if you need an excuse, now you have one (plus it sounds great with coffee). But remember It doesn’t have to be Fall in order to enjoy these soft and delicate Pumpkin Spice cupcakes. Although, if you haven’t checked out our Pumpkin Spice Fall-Themed post, you should. Topped with just the right about of icing, one of these is never enough. And I guess since you can eat them anytime of day and year, they are gluten-free and vegan, they are about the most versatile food on the planet, so eat up!
- 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Coconut milk whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners (or silicone muffin liners). Generously spray the bottoms and sides of the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and egg yolk, vanilla, and coconut milk until smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour blend, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to fully combine.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan. The cups will be fairly full. Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Top with coconut milk or regular whipped cream. Enjoy!
Big thanks to Meaningful Eats for the original recipe!