The Best Keto Bread Recipe
Life without bread is tough. It’s one of those things you don’t miss until its gone. This recipe should fix you right up though– with just 1.25g net carb per slice you’ll be back in the sandwich game in no time.
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 6 Large eggs Separated
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar (optional)
- 1 pinch Pink Salt
- 6 drops Liquid Stevia (optiona)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat until soft peaks are achieved.
- In a food processor combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt (Adding ~6 drops of liquid stevia to the batter can help reduce the mild egg taste). Mix until combined. This will be a lumpy thick dough until the whites are added.
- Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and gently process until fully incorporated. Be careful not to overmix as this is what gives the bread it’s volume!
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8×4 loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure the bread is cooked through. Enjoy! 1 loaf makes 20 slices.
Big thanks to Keto Connect for the original recipe!