In a world where we are more focused on work than play, exposed to hazardous chemicals, and learning to treat the planet more responsibly, it’s easy to forget to take care of yourself. There is a reason why when a plane is crashing you are supposed to put on your own oxygen mask first… you aren’t any help to anyone else unless you are taking care of yourself. Self-Care extends beyond the physical #treatyourself phenomenon and into everyday living. Some call this being mindful but to me that implies a certain amount of pre-existing knowledge – because we all have a mind right?
Instead, I like to think of self-care as a wholistic practice of treating your ailments from the inside out. The self not being your physical body, but the truth of your spirit and life. Self-care can come in the form of meditation, exercise, volunteer work, creative expression, reading, nature therapy, simply spending more time doing what you love or being with those who you love. Ok, so, yes, sometimes you can qualify #treatyourself moments as self care. Simply but, if it brings your joy, clarity, peace or all of the above, its self care.
Being able to manage your time efficiently is essential to being productive for the things you “must” do in order to have time for the things.
- Macrame: 101Measuring Rope Measuring your rope (or other material) is a crucial skill in Macrame. Read this article on how to measure the right amount of ripe for your design. Pro-Tips: Measure twice, cut once. Extra is better than too little. […]
- Halloween Make-upWednesday Adams This simple but classic school-girl goth look will stand out at any party. Spooky and sexy, make a silent statement this Halloween. Get the full tutorial from BeautyEditor.com Credit: http://www.beautyediter.com/ Sugar Skull […]
- DIY Citrus TonerDIY Vitamin C Citrus Toner The best way to make sure your beauty products are cruelty-free is to make them yourself. As a Florida native, I cannot get enough of citrus. With just a few ingredients, this aromatic spritz will revive your skin on a hot […]
- Dog Mom EssentialsDog Mom Essentials In 2018 the New York Times reported that younger generations are having less babies siting financial insecurity and better career options for women. Call them the experts if you like, but I think its because being a Dog Mom is the […]
- DIY Seaweed Face MaskDIY Seaweed Face Mask If the beautiful emerald color of this face mask doesn’t pull you in, the benefits to using this homemade mask will. This recipe includes 2 types of seaweed Fucus vesiculosus and chlorella. The types of seaweed used are […]