Another no-bake wonder, these cookies contain the superfood coconut oil! The coconut flavor goes well with the chocolate and oatmeal to add just a bit of sweetness and tropical flare. They also pack a little bit of a punch with the addition of peanut butter.
- 3 1/4 cup oats gluten free if necessary
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil measured as liquid
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 cups Raw Sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Measure out the oats into a bowl and set aside.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter for the cookies once cooked
- In a large sauce pan, combine coconut oil, peanut butter, cashew milk, raw sugar, cocoa powder, and salt
- Turn heat on medium (no higher) and stir consistently until it comes to a rolling boil
- Set the timer for 4 minutes and continually stir, making sure to scrap the sides and bottom regularly
- Once the timer has gone off, remove from heat and add the vanilla. This will cause the mixture to boil. Stir it in quickly.
- Add the oats and make sure they are all coated.
- Scoop onto wax paper and let cool before eating.
Big thanks to Golden Barrel for the original recipe!