Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie
A Thanskgiving must have, but an all-time delicious dessert, is Pumpkin Pie. If you are entertaining for Thanskgiving you can expect that your guests will want to finish off their well-rounded vegan dinner with something sweet and delicious like pumpkin pie. This recipe is absolutely fabulous and will satisfy your guests cravings without trouble.
- 1 3/4 cups (1, 14 oz can) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (the kind in a can, shaken well before measuring)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Recipe Easy Vegan Pie Crust (or 1, 9″ vegan store-bought pie crust)
- Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
Video courtesy of Sam @ itdoesnttastelikechicken.com
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt to a blender or a large bowl. Mix well.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into the uncooked 9″ pie crust . Use a spatula to spread the pumpkin evenly. Bake for 60 minutes. When you remove it from the oven, the edges might be slightly cracked and the middle will still look wobbly. Let cool, and then chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight until set
Big thanks to It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken for the original recipe!