Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
As a vegan, hosting parties and potlucks aren’t always the easiest. You want to stick to your morals and provide vegan meals for everyone, but want to make sure that the food is delicious enough not to be. One way to thoroughly impress is with everyone’s favorite part of the meal– Dessert! This Raspberry Cheesecake Bar recipe is so delicious no one will ever guess that it is Vegan– and isn’t that the whole point! Plus look how pretty it is these a great for Gender Reveal parties as well as baby and wedding showers.
1/2 cup pecans
3/4 cup oats
1 cup dates
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight then drained
1 can full-fat coconut cream
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup raspberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend the pecans, oats, dates, and salt until it forms a dough. You should be able to press the dough together with your fingertips. If it is too dry, add a small spoon of water.
- Press the dough down into your pan, until it coats the entire bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Place the cashews in a food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Place your coconut cream in a mixer, and blend until it forms a fluffy whip cream texture. Make sure to just scrape the cream off the top of the can, and not the remaining liquid on the bottom. It should be a thick texture.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and continue to whip until incorporated.
- Pour your blended cashews into the coconut whip and gently mix together with a spatula or spoon.
- Pour the mixture into your pan.
- Place your raspberries and maple syrup in a food processor and blend. Spoon the mixture into the pan on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Using a sharp knife, begin to make swirls, or “figure eights” into the raspberry layer to achieve that swirly look.
- Place your vegan raspberry cheesecake bars into the freezer to firm up for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from pan, cut into squares, and serve!
Big thanks to Choosing Chia for the original recipe!
Paws & Soul is here to guide you though this adventure we call life. Read more about how we got started. . .
Article Submissions: email@example.com
Recipe Submissions firstname.lastname@example.org