GF Vegan Spring Rolls
One of the greatest foods of all time. . . Spring Rolls. Just because you are vegan or gluten-free doesn’t mean you have to miss out on these fantastic snacks. This healthy alternative recipe is cruelty-free and made with rice paper. It is light and delicious so you don’t have to worry about feeling heavy after this meal. It also goes well with this 5-minute Thai Peanut Sauce.
- 12 rice papers gluten-free
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch basil
- 4-5 oz Vermicelli rice noodles gluten-free, cooked
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1 large cucumber julienned
- 1 cup cabbage thinly sliced
- Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce gluten-free
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ½ tsp Sriracha sauce
- 3-6 Tbsp warm water
- Fill a large pan or baking dish with 1-2 inches of warm water. You’ll want the dish to be large enough to fit a piece of rice paper into it.
- Dip one piece of rice paper into the warm water and let soak for 10-15 seconds. Just as the rice paper begins to soften, remove it from the water and place on a plastic cutting board. *
- In the middle of the rice paper layer cilantro, basil, shrimp, vermicelli noodles, carrots, cucumber, and cabbage.
- Starting from the side closest to you, cover the ingredients with one side of the rice paper. Next, fold the right and left sides of the rice paper to cover the ingredients. (see image)
- Beginning from the side of the roll that is closest to you, roll the rice paper and ingredients like a burrito until it makes a tight spring roll.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and rice paper.
Big thanks to Evolving Table for the original recipe!